New PDF release: Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation
By Jeffrey B. Graham
Each bankruptcy offers a ancient historical past, information the current prestige of data within the box, and defines the questions desiring consciousness in destiny learn. completely referenced, containing greater than 1,000 citations, and good documented with figures and tables, Air-Breathing Fishes is complete in its insurance and should definitely have extensive attraction. Researchers in vertebrate biology, paleontology, ichthyology, vertebrate evolution, usual background, comparative body structure, anatomy and plenty of different fields will locate anything new and interesting in Air-Breathing Fishes.
- Offers an entire evaluation of a major and immensely fascinating region of research
- Provides a viewpoint of air-breathing fish that spans three hundred million years of vertebrate evolution
- Contains a variety of illustrations in addition to accomplished charts
- Provides a synoptic remedy of all of the identified air-breathing species with vital info on their morphological and physiological adaptations
Read or Download Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation PDF
Best marine biology books
Aquatic Ecosystems explains the interaction among a variety of events of subject and effort via ecosystems mediated by means of Dissolved natural subject. This booklet presents details on how a lot DOM there's in a specific aquatic atmosphere and the place it originates. It explains no matter if the DOM composition varies now and then and position to put.
First released in 1993, The Biology of the Southern Ocean has been known as overseas learn at its most sensible and a useful reference. Drawing at the huge quantity of knowledge released within the final ten years, this moment version keeps the layout that made the 1st variation a well-liked bestseller, whereas updating the data with the most recent learn effects on hand.
Ever-increasing curiosity in oceanography and marine biology and their relevance to worldwide environmental matters creates a requirement for authoritative stories summarising the result of fresh study. Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual assessment has catered to this call for considering that its founding via the overdue Harold Barnes fifty years in the past.
Greater than 3rd of the skin quarter of our planet is roofed by way of oceans and overview of the marine biodiversity is a hard activity. With the expanding international inhabitants, there's a tendency to use marine recourses for foodstuff, power and different specifications. This places strain at the fragile marine surroundings and desires sustainable conservation efforts.
- Marine Mammals: Fisheries, Tourism and Management Issues: Fisheries, Tourism and Management Issues
- Big, Bold and Blue: Lessons from Australia's Marine Protected Areas
- Seafloor Geomorphology as Benthic Habitat: GeoHAB Atlas of Seafloor Geomorphic Features and Benthic Habitats
- Biology of Marine Mammals
- Biogeography and Biodiversity of Western Atlantic Mollusks
Additional info for Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation
Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation by Jeffrey B. Graham