All Things Julius Caesar: An Encyclopedia of Caesar's World - download pdf or read online
By Michael Lovano
Julius Caesar's lifestyles and instance have interested and inspired generations of individuals for almost 2,000 years. This publication explores the folks, locations, occasions, and associations that helped outline arguably the main recognized person within the heritage of Rome.
• provides details on Julius Caesar that prime institution scholars, undergraduates, and common readers will locate available and useful
• presents an encyclopedic scope and extensive assurance in addition to specified, particular specialize in specific issues and subject matters from Caesar's world
• Relates the relevance of the Roman adventure from millennia in the past to modern day social and political issues
Read or Download All Things Julius Caesar: An Encyclopedia of Caesar's World and Legacy [2 volumes] PDF
Similar ancient history books
In the course of the Classical interval, the Athenian hoplite confirmed an unwavering willingness to shut with and kill the enemies of Athens, every time and anywhere he was once required to take action. but, regardless of his pugnacity, he used to be no longer a qualified soldier; he used to be an untrained novice who used to be neither pressured into conflict nor safely remunerated for the dangers he confronted in strive against.
This can be the 1st choice of scholarly essays at the Homeric Hymns, a corpus of 33 hexameter compositions that have been most likely recited at gala's of the gods whom they honoured and have been frequently attributed in antiquity to Homer. After a normal advent to trendy scholarship at the Homeric Hymns, the essays of the 1st a part of the e-book study intimately points of the longer narrative poems within the assortment, whereas these of the second one half provide serious awareness to the shorter poems and to the gathering as a complete.
It is a publication concerning the ways that quite a few intellectuals within the post-classical Mediterranean imagined the human neighborhood as a unified, homogenous entire composed of a variety of components. extra particularly, it explores how authors of the second one century CE followed and tailored a selected ethnic and cultural discourse that have been elaborated through overdue 5th- and fourth-century BCE Athenian intellectuals.
The Mediterranean basin was once a multicultural quarter with an excellent range of linguistic, non secular, social and ethnic teams. This dynamic social and cultural panorama inspired vast touch and trade between diversified groups. This booklet seeks to give an explanation for what occurred whilst diverse ethnic, social, linguistic and spiritual teams, between others, got here into touch with one another, in particular in multiethnic advertisement settlements positioned during the zone.
- Ancient Egyptian Temple Ritual: Performance, Patterns, and Practice (Routledge Studies in Egyptology)
- Demosthenes: Statesman and Orator
- Rivers and the Power of Ancient Rome (Studies in the History of Greece and Rome)
- Justiniana Prima: An Underestimated Aspect of Justinian’s Church Policy (Jagiellonian Studies in History Book 7)
- The Art of Pliny's Letters: A Poetics of Allusion in the Private Correspondence
Additional resources for All Things Julius Caesar: An Encyclopedia of Caesar's World and Legacy [2 volumes]
All Things Julius Caesar: An Encyclopedia of Caesar's World and Legacy [2 volumes] by Michael Lovano